Sunday, May 17, 2009

As I was working on Jacob's scrapbook (yes, as of Friday, I started a scrapbook; something I thought I'd never do) I couldn't believe how quickly time is flying. My little baby is 18 months now; seems like just yesterday that we were on our way to the hospital getting ready to have our precious son.

I had to break out all the "old" pictures to put in his scrapbook, and by the time I was on the third photo album (I have five or six of them full of pictures), I had tears streaming down my face. I've looked at those albums dozens of times over the past few months, and have never had that kind of emotion come out. I realized how much I missed my six/nine/one year old baby who hung on to every word I said, always wanted to be held, and never misbehaved (well, compared to these days anyway). Now, he's a busy-body (like his mama; gets it honestly I guess), a hitter, biter, and screamer. Seriously, I think he has an anger management problem. ;-) So what happened to my baby??? He's growing up. Not that I'm not enjoying these years. I am loving that he's grown into a mama's boy, and will give me as many hugs and kisses that I ask for, and that he'd rather have his mama than his daddy (most of the time). ;-)

This is random and off-subject, but he and Brad are playing in the living room while I'm typing this (in the same room), and Brad asked him a question, Jacob put his hands out like, "What happened?". Brad told him to say, "I don't know." And Jacob just said, "I don't know." Except it sounded more like, "I dodo." It was so cute!! That was major for us since he's had several ear infections in the past eight months and has really not said anything. Now he's saying, "I don't know" and "No" (he says NO to everything), mama, and daddy. I'm loving it. So that's another great part of watching him grow older. There are so many milestones and things that I love teaching him. Most importantly, I want to watch him grow into a godly young man.

I hope that Brad and I can be a good example, that we can teach him respect for others, a love for people, and a love for our God.

1 comment:


Jacob--3 years old

Nine Months Old

Nine Months Old

Three Weeks Old

Three Weeks Old

First Christmas

First Christmas

One hour old!

One hour old!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, sister, friend, and above all, a CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart. I try to walk the walk and talk the talk, but I don't always succeed. I have the best husband a girl could ask for, and a precious (but sassy) son who will be four years old in a few weeks! Wow, how time is flyin'.