Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Burden of Fear

I bought this new book by Max Lucado; It's called Traveling Light. In this book, Max lists the burdens that we were never intended to bear. One of them is fear, and it is by far my biggest burdern. I have been dealing with fear for the past two years, since Jacob has been born. My biggest fear has been of something happening to me and leaving Brad without a wife, Jacob without a mommy. I worry so much, I feel like something is wrong with me most of the time. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's my biggest downfall. While reading, Max points out verse after verse in scripture where Jesus tells us to NOT FEAR. "You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it."--Matthew 6:27. "The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-control." --2 Timothy 1:7. And there are so many more verses that specifically tell me to not worry about what tomorrow brings, and that, "each day has enough trouble of its own." --Matt. 6:34

When I was reading the last part of this chapter on fear, the Senior Adult choir (I work for the worship ministry at my church, and the Senior Adults were practicing in the choir suite where I could hear them) started singing a song that goes like this, "Burdens are lifted at Calvary..." Okay, Lord, I get it! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy,
    Cute blog background!
    I struggle with fear all the time. The verse from 2 Timothy has become one that I recite over and over to myself. I need to check out the Max Lucado book that you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete


Jacob--3 years old

Nine Months Old

Nine Months Old

Three Weeks Old

Three Weeks Old

First Christmas

First Christmas

One hour old!

One hour old!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, sister, friend, and above all, a CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart. I try to walk the walk and talk the talk, but I don't always succeed. I have the best husband a girl could ask for, and a precious (but sassy) son who will be four years old in a few weeks! Wow, how time is flyin'.